Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting started

I turned 33 a few weeks ago now and in my time with God I was challenged with this thought: Jesus died on the cross when He was 33 years old.  Why not take this year and only study the words of Jesus, you know, the ones in RED.  We had just finished studying the Christmas story and I can't think of a better place to start.  So, with the help of a Reese Chronological Bible, my cultural help (Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes, by Kenneth E. Bailey) and my red-letter Bible, I started.    I have observed, since my start, that this exact study is apparently a big trend in North American Christendom!  I don't want this to be another blog lost in the rush of similar blogs.  Since I have started, I have found some very intriguing things.  So much so, that I wanted to write them down and, in this digital age, a blog made more sense than a journal.  This one is more about my journey, my questions, my wonderings and awe-struck moments as I seek to know Jesus better.  I will ask questions, some rhetorical, some literal.  Feel free to respond to either.  Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea and I am really excited about what I can learn through what you are learning. Thanks for doing it in a way I can interact with you as well.

    ReplyDelete